Much like adults, children’s teeth are important too.
Importance of primary teeth (milk teeth):
• These teeth are the first erupt to help the baby chew and perform regular functions such as speech, swallowing etc.
• They serve to fill the jaws and help their growth, thus aiding in formation of the face.
• Guide the eruption of permanent teeth in a proper manner.
• Help attain good Nutrition (Missing or decayed teeth makes it difficult to chew).
CARING FOR A CHILDS TEETH
• Childs teeth and gums should be brushed at least twice a day, especially before going to bed.
• Consult a dentist every 6 months. Let the dentist know if your child sucks thumb or breathes through mouth.
• Teach your child to eat a healthy diet for the sake of his/her teeth and gums.