Wisdom Tooth Removal/Extraction
• This is a special type of extraction where the last tooth in the mouth (wisdom tooth) is removed. Wisdom teeth or third molars are the last teeth to erupt.
• Quite often, there is no space left for eruption of these teeth
in the mouth.
• This causes acute pain and swelling
and is frequently referred to as by dentist as impaction.
• This is when they need to be removed.
• Removal of these teeth can occasionally be associated with reduced mouth opening (trismus) and swelling that could last for a few days to a week.